Information We Collect And How We Use It:
I. SITE USERS
Information We Collect: When you participate engage with the Site, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you.
Personal Data You Provide Us. We collect Personal Data that visitors to the Site send to us electronically, for example when completing any “free text” boxes in our forms (such as on our “Information Request” or “Contact Us” page, which requests your name, email, message title and message text), requesting information or subscribing to emailing lists.
Automatically Collected Data. When you use or interact with the Site, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your IP address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- Analytics Data: We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To help us understand how you use our Site and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Site.
How We Use Site Personal Data:
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuse of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party service to access your account or when you voluntarily share information or content via the Services.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors, Service Providers, and Research Partners: Providers of administrative services such as email communication (including appointment reminders, investment information you request through the Site) and Site support services; to assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions; and analytics (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section below). For example, we use Google Analytics to understand how our Site is used. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the App, or the public, or (d) protect against legal liability.
- Consent: We may also disclose your information with your permission.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us. We will address your request as required by applicable law. You may also request that we update your Personal Data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact us as follows: You may send an email to email@example.com or send mail to:
Origin Biosciences, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
75 Park Plaza
Boston, MA 02116